Alternative service request: Anonymized Anonymizer ;)

This forum contains frequently asked questions for our services.

Alternative service request: Anonymized Anonymizer ;)

Postby Mentar » Wed May 06, 2009 2:33 pm

Sorry if this question has been asked already, but... would it be possible to alter the service offer slightly?

Ideally, I wouldn't want my public IP address on the PRQ end to be static. Preferably, I'd love it to be taken and assigned from an IP pool, preferably as big as possible. Reason: If by some bad coincidence someone manages to link your identity to this public static IP, alot of the anonymization gain would be lost. But if there's no such thing as a static 1:1 match, but rather a ~1:250 chance (in case of the pool being a /24), it would be much less transparent for outside sources tracking your activities.

Technically, it would already be sufficient for me if the external IP would be assigned randomly from the pool(s) when the tunnel is being established. This would enable the user to define for himself in which time intervals he'd like to switch IPs, and it the technical complexity for this solution should be low enough for PRQ.

What do you think? Would it be possible to do this?
Mentar

Re: Alternative service request: Anonymized Anonymizer ;)

Postby MadJoker » Wed May 06, 2009 9:10 pm

I think the service you describe is more for private use.
I would hate to change my IP all the time in my MX records. ^^

I think it might be an option for PRQ to offer this for private Users.

Until then you might want to try the TOR network. More info here: http://www.torproject.org

Regards,
MadJoker
MadJoker

Postby Mentar » Wed May 06, 2009 11:14 pm

Well, it sure isn't fitting for everyone's needs, but it would be a useful option for me, so I'm asking.

I know about TOR, but I intend to route pretty much all my traffic through the anonymizer tunnel, and I'd feel bad if I (ab)used the precious TOR resources for stuff like torrent downloads and the likes. If possible, I'd rather purchase such a service from PRQ.

What does the PRQ staff think about it?
Mentar

Postby tree » Fri May 08, 2009 5:24 pm

I would also greatly appreciate this kind of service.

Best Regards
tree

Return to FAQ and support